Sign in to follow this  
Jack T. Lamplighter

Souvenir – by Womby – narrated by Asclepius

Hello everyone, this is Asclepius, with another wonderful tale from Womby.  It is entitled

Souvenir

Background music by Smartsound

The badly mutilated body revealed a tale both silent and eloquent. The shattered sword in its hand told of a fierce battle, while the head resting some distance away spoke of a particularly brutal end to what must have been a terrifying struggle for survival. A battle that was lost, unwitnessed, in this impossibly convoluted series of underground passages.

Something caught Womby’s eye and he bent down and retrieved a note lying next to the body.

“To the person reading this note: I guess if you are seeing this then I must have been killed. Shed no tears for a reckless adventurer. It was bound to happen one day. However, should you ever find yourself in Ardoris, I beseech you to inform the guards of a criminal who goes by the name Fluffington. Glib of tongue he is, for he managed to extract my life savings in return for a worthless map that has resulted in my death. May he suffer eternal torment!”

Womby Fluffington pocketed the note before returning to the exit. Another souvenir for his collection.

Echoes From the Caverns

Echoes From the Caverns

The post Souvenir – by Womby – narrated by Asclepius appeared first on Echoes from the Caverns.

View the full article