Sign in to follow this  
Jack T. Lamplighter

3D Portal Adventure 2

A new chapter in this enthralling video adventure! The link to the video is here:

Chapter 2

Having established her crew, reluctant as she was to have a crew, Lady Beth began to step through the dimensional gate she had opened.  Tiger_T and the Catdude stepped up to follow her.  As Tiger_T neared the horizon of the portal, he noticed a slight tingle in his fur, almost, but not quite unlike a static charge.  He moved his hand towards and away from the portal to see how it affected the tingling.

The Catdude: “Yeah, weird, isn’t it?  Is this your first time through one of these?”

Tiger_T: “Yeah”

He continued his testing.

Tiger_T: “Interesting.  The CTC doors are different, like normal doors.  I’m curious as to what it will be like to walk through it.  I guess I will know soon enough.”

<Render 6>

Meanwhile, Lady Beth had mostly stepped through the portal, save for the hand she was using it to hold the portal open.

Lady Beth: “Come along, gentlemen.”

Tiger_T: “Aha!  Here’s our marching order!”

He carefully walked forward.  As his nose contacted the horizon, he felt a prickling sensation that propagated through his body, peaking at the parts as they went through.  Coming out the other side, he shook off the effects.

Tiger_T: “BRRR!  Like being combed the wrong way!”

He began looking around.

The Catdude stepped right through the gateway.  He got wobbly on his feet as vertigo momentarily swept over him.  Initially, he reached for Beth’s hand to steady himself, but remembering that he had not obtained such permission to touch beforehand, he braced his hands on his knees instead.

The Catdude: “Just a moment, My Lady.  I always get a head rush when I step through these things.  Five more seconds…..and done!

He shook his head to clear it and recovered.

The Catdude:“The headache will last an hour more, but I will manage.”

He joined Tiger_T in looking around.

CD: “Hmm, I wonder where we are.”

Meanwhile, Tiger_T pushed down a few patches of fur on his tail.

Tiger_T:“I guess I came through OK.”

<Render 7>

## Feel free to add in based on your own impressions. ##

Tiger_T and the Catdude stared out in rapt fascination over their surroundings.  Tiger_t notice that the “clouds” were not moving.

T_T:  “Ahh, like unto Van Goh’s Starry Night.  Very impression as all I usually see is standard YeOldeEarth Sky. ”

CD:  “Indeed so.  Funny thing, when Lady Beth first mentioned great height, I thought we might be headed to either Nar Shadda or the Cliffs of Eos but we are at neither.  We are at someplace I have never been before and I am glad of it.  My lady, thank you for letting me come with you.”

T_T:  “Say, Lady Beth, where exactly is ‘here’ anyway?”

Lady Beth gave no answer and stood quietly at a jutting pier, as if awaiting something.  It did not take long for that something to come into sight.

<Render 8>

T_T: “I think I see something coming towards us.  A…blimp?

CD:  Ahh, an airship with sailing ship gondola.  A beautiful way to sail the skies, although, if the weather takes a certain turn, the voyage can become…interesting.

<Render 9>

As the vessel approached, Lady Beth addressed her companions.

Lady Beth: “This will be our transport during our time here.  I will renegotiate the contract and bill of lading.  How much do each of you and your equipment weigh?”

Tiger_T:  That’s our ride?  Cool!  My weight?   I do hope an estimate will be exact enough.  Umm, I should be around 82 kg, and my backpack should be around 20 kg.

The CatDude:  I weigh between 105-110kg, my gear is 40 kg, half of which is ammo.  I suppose the captain will have some demands regarding storage.

<Render 10>

As the vessel pulled up to dock, the ramp extended out to the board gate of the ship.  Lady Beth began to walk towards the ship but then she stopped and turned around to face her feline companions.

LB: “Gentleman…if you trust me then please wait for me there.  I’ll…be…back.”

T_T: “ Umm…okay”

CD: “yes, my lady, I will wait as you wish.”

Lady Beth proceeded to the ship and went aboard.  Tiger_T turn to the Catdude with puzzlement.

T_T:  “I don’t see why she would bring us here only to then change her mind.  That alone is reason to trust her.”

CD: “I learned to trust unicorns with my life.  The first lesson I learned about them is that they are honest to the expense of politeness.  It can be off-putting to humans the first time around, but you get used to it.  If nothing else, it explains unicorns generally make for ineffectual politicians.  This probably has something to do with the crew, seeing as we are not part of the original contract that she is now having to renegotiate.”

Tiger_T nodded his assent and understanding.  Presently, Lady Beth returned and they snapped to attention to receive her next instructions.

Echoes From the Caverns

Echoes From the Caverns

The post 3D Portal Adventure 2 appeared first on Echoes from the Caverns.

View the full article