Sign in to follow this  
Silverfoot

Embedding info for this site

New in version 4.1.9 you can now optionally choose to revert the automatic embed back to a simple text link.

So in the above example, when I pasted in my Twitter link, I saw a bar come up giving me the option to revert back to a link. This is useful when you do not want a formatted embed box but instead simply want to reference something and get the visitor to click the link. It is also useful when you want to reference something as part of a single sentence and not have a break in the flow that an embedded content box creates.

There is also a new AdminCP setting to completely disable embeds across your entire Suite. Some clients have communities where they like to keep things down to just simple, plain text. You could always disable formatting option button in the editor and now you can also disable automated embeds.

As a reminder, the following formats are supported with our embed system. Simply paste a link to any of these services and you will get a nice, rich embed experience that really encourages engagement on your community.

• College Humor
  • Facebook
  • Flickr
  • Gfycat
  • Google+
  • Hulu
  • Instagram
  • SoundCloud
  • Spotify
  • Ted
  • Twitter
  • Vimeo
  • Vine
  • YouTube

You can also embed links to anything inside of the IPS Community Suite. So you could paste a link to another forum topic in the comment on a Gallery image and it will show a preview of that topic rather than a simple link.

We are always open to suggestions so feel free to post in our feedback forum. Thank you!

SeanSotaSig.png