Sign in to follow this  
Silverfoot

PaxLair's 20th Anniversary

[IMG]

PaxLair 20th Anniversary details for Ultima Online & Shroud Of The Avatar

The 20th Anniversary is almost upon us! This is two decades - quite a run.
Soon enough we'll be able to express it in generation.

This Anniversary will run from Jan 15th thru Jan 19th (actual anniversary date) and on Jan 20th in SOTA

All events will start by gathering at Tea House in PaxOku, Chesapeake, Ultima Online

January 15th Monday
8:00 PM - PaxLair Anniversary kickoff speech by Governor Winfield @ PaxLair Mage Tower. (Teleport tile from PaxOku Tea House)
9:00 PMish - Corgul Run/s - NANOC, Dragons Watch

January 16th Tuesday
8:30PM - Ashlynn[PaxR]
9:30PM - Ice House Race - Violet Darkthorn[Cah], Nidaros

January 17th Wednesday
7:00PM - Ice House Race - Violet Darkthorn[Cah], Nidaros
9:00PM - Let's Make A Deal - Violet Darkthorn[Cah], Nidaros

January 18th Thursday
8:00PM - Sleeping Dragon Spawn Run - Pameleigha[CAT], Casandreal
9:00PM - Chutes & Ladders - Phoenix[DWxC], Dragons Watch

January 19th Friday
8:00 PM - PaxLair Anniversary Black Tie Dinner.@ PaxLair Mage Tower. (Teleport tile from PaxOku Tea House)

https://zoom.us/j/3995307038 - this is NBNN’s ZOOM service – you can test anytime, even screen sharing.

This may again be edited for any new events when added.

January 20th Saturday in SOTA

10 AM CT/NBT at the PaxLair Tavern

Informal dance party ~ Words from some folks ~ Music by Avatars Radio's @Amber Raine ~ Streaming by @Lazarus Long ~ Church Service to follow

https://zoom.us/j/3995307038 - this is NBNN’s ZOOM service – you can test anytime, even screen sharing.

Any questions or comments please get in touch with me @Sean Silverfoot 

SeanSotaSig.png

Sean's Speech at the SOTA event for PaxLair's 20th Anniversary:

It started with my journey from a small vale outside Yew called Tenakill, home of TFS, The Fellowship, traveling down the main road from Yew to Britain. My intent was to attend a gathering at a place called Luigi's Pizzeria in a town called PaxLair. I enjoyed an evening of readings and song and helped defend when a raid of bandits, killers known for their red status happened.

That single journey started the me on a long road of adventure and commadrie with the citizens of PaxLair. I watched as this city developed into a place where orcs, red hued killers and regular citizens came to gather and unite, care for each other, extend helping hands. I watched as the events of PaxLair drew many people and gave  them a unique perspective of what the world of Sosaria could be.

Since those early days I've spent the last 2 decades enjoying this experience becoming so close with some it was impossible to not let them be part of my life on Earth, the so called real world, which has it's own versions of Reds, Demons & Satyrs. Winfield, Winmere, Phoenix, Nanoc and others became family. They've been with me trhough my childrens graduations, weddings and the birth of my grandchildren. 

They have supported me with the sickness of my greatest love, my wife and thru my own battles. We have cried together with the passing of very close friends especially Ozog (Mike) who's work developing the goblins of Pitmuck inspired us all to see how we could really change roles and enjoy our aethral worlds more.

Some worlds don't last they fade with time, it's amazing that Sosaria itself has broken thru and endured so long. Winfield, in his wisdom, searched for a world where we could continue that journey knowing ti would always be possible for the old world to fade. And he found New Britannia, a place being developed by the same folks who founded Sosaria! And it was here we settled on the mouth of the Briasch River and started to rebuild PaxLair for our brothers and sisters to follow, eventually, if Sosaria ever faded.
There are those who nay say aethreal friends not treating them with the same respect and civility they would others they meet in person. My experience with PaxLair has taught me differently. I have met a lot of this folks and they have become just as important as my own family. I respect them, I learn from them I honor our friendship and I love them all. They have given me great joy over decades. What more could one ask of true friends, no matter the realm.

Pax et Fortitudo, Pax et Veritas, Pax et Amor....may the Light continue to shine on PaxLair.

~ Sean 

SeanSotaSig.png

Winfield's Speech in SOTA:

PaxLair SotA Speech today:

It is SO GREAT to see so many friends here today!
I have a short speech for everyone. I hope you have a moment to listen.

Hail everyone! I am Winfield, the Governor of PaxLair.
I'm an old man and fisherman.

I'd like to tell you a little about PaxLair of old and new.

20 years ago today, a guild called The Band found an open meadow on Chesapeake in Ultima Online.
This Old Britannian Guild members built houses as the land was plentiful; first a Saloon and a Forge.
In this New Britannia here, it is a bit like we've done over the past few years ... settlers first.

In Old Britannia, many friends and enemies heard about our little encampment; they came to live there or kill us.
It was a ruthless time in our history. One that needed strength and diplomacy so early in that Realm.
The little meadow became a quick hot-spot of activity with more than 300 people, so it needed a name.
Thelorn, The Band Leader named it "PaxLair" for "Peace Place".
PaxLair quickly became known as a place to expect an open hand and a place to rest
as long as one came in peace.

Notice that PaxLair is not a guild, and never has been. We maintained The Band guild, even as we started a town.
PaxLair is a town, later a Statehood of towns, and always a community of people 
from many guilds, alliances, and individuals who come to PaxLair.

Our success with PaxLair in Old Britannia drew the interest of the leader of our realm.
Lord British himself visited our Mage tower in 1998 and honored us with a plaque above the Mage tower door.
It is still there today as a reminder of what we can achieve together.

Over the years, we grew to connect with additional towns in UO and PaxLair became a Statehood.
Key cities of the Statehood and the Alliance are PaxLair City, Dragons Watch, Port Baldmor, 
Nidaros, PaxLane, PaxOku, Pitmuck, Gyldenfeld, Aryslan, and Casandreal. 
Not all cities have survived to this day yet their history lives on within us.

20 years is a long time to keep anything going and it is not the result of one or two people.
It is the result of starting and continuing an idea that works. 
In this case, for people to fully participate in a community that fosters and inspires 
respect, camaraderie, compassion, fun, and a sense of worthiness.
PaxLair people are true friends inside and outside the Realm
and a shining example of how people can work and play together with trust and dignity.

Outside this realm our friendship and dedication to each other is very strong.
We rejoice when someone achieves and care when someone is in need.

We also grieve together when the unthinkable happens, and it does happen.
Two years ago we lost our wonderful friend Ozog Giantfart. We still miss him today.
Yet Pitmuck lives on strongly without him. Why? 
Because Ozog inspired people to be silly, have fun, relax, and care for each other.
The Pitmuck Effect touches us all. We thank Ozog for helping create the Pitmuck Effect.
To Ozog!!

Also close to home, we recently had another event ... one much more joyous.
We rejoice that NANOC and Phoenix were legally married outside the Realm 
by His Majesty Lord British himself at the UO 20th Anniversary event.
Many of us witnessed that historic day and ceremony realizing that we are not just friends...
We are all family.
This perhaps is the PaxLair Effect that all of us enjoy and feel,
that we support, share, and encourage each other every day without question.
To NANOC, Phoenix, and our enduring family!

Our lives here continue on past this 20 year mark with strength and spirit.
PaxLair in Old Britannia continues to adventure, meet new people, and remain the basis of PaxLair.

PaxLair in New Britannia is emerging along a new path as well.
We entered New Britannia via a small town called Valemark several years ago. Many of you remember those days.
Now, we have a large town here and several other towns connected to make up PaxLair in total.
Thus again, PaxLair is not a guild, we are a community of towns, people, guilds.
We reside in this area near the quiet Brisach River.

I can assure you we bring many of our values from Old Britannia with us to New Britannia.
Peace, Neutrality, Roleplaying are our tenants with Respect as our number one rule.
We celebrate 20 years of these values and I thank you all for joining us today.

May the Fish be with Us, and Dragonspeed to Us All!
*bows*

SeanSotaSig.png

Winfield's speech in UO at the 20th Anniversary Dinner Jan 19, 2018

It is SO GREAT to see so many friends here today!
In fact, some of you have I have not seen for a few years, not by your absence,
but typically by mine.
So we perhaps have some catching up to do tonight! I certainly hope we can!

Now I have a speech for everyone. I hope you have a moment to listen.

Hail everyone! I am Winfield, the Governor of PaxLair.
I'm an old man.

Today is an historic day. Well every day here makes new history, yet today is something special.
PaxLair had a beginning ... yet it seems it has no end!! Huzzah!

20 years ago today, a guild called The Band found this open meadow where we stand today.
Guild members built houses here as the land was plentiful; first the Saloon and a Forge - what else!?
Many friends and enemies heard about our little encampment; they came to live here or kill us.
It was a ruthless time in our history. One that needed strength and diplomacy so early in this Realm.
This little meadow became a quick hot-spot of activity with more than 300 people, so it needed a name.
Thelorn, The Band Leader named it "PaxLair" for "Peace Place".
PaxLair quickly became known as a place to expect an open hand and a place to rest
as long as one came in peace.

Our success with PaxLair drew the interest of the leader of our realm.
Lord British himself visited our Mage tower in 1998 and honored us with a plaque above the Mage tower door.
It is still there today as a reminder of what we can achieve together.

Over the years, we grew to connect with additional towns and PaxLair became a Statehood.
Key cities of the Statehood and the Alliance are PaxLair City, Dragons Watch, Port Baldmor, 
Nidaros, PaxLane, PaxOku, Pitmuck, Gyldenfeld, Aryslan, and Casandreal. 
Not all cities have survived to this day yet their history lives on within us.

There are two boxes near the statue atop the Necromancer tower here.
Look in there and see many pumpkins with names of old friends, allies, and companions.
Those pumpkins are a reminder that our PaxLair touched many people and their lives.

20 years is a long time to keep anything going and it is not the result of one or two people.
It is the result of starting and continuing an idea that works. 
In this case, for people to fully participate in a community that fosters and inspires 
respect, camaraderie, compassion, fun, and a sense of worthiness.
PaxLair people are true friends inside and outside the Realm
and a shining example of how people can work and play together with trust and dignity.

Even now, as people of Old Chesapeake return to this shard or we find new guilds looking for adventure,
we bring them into our Alliance with trust and friendship.
Each day here in Britannia we see our friends, old and new, enjoying a dungeon run or a simple game.

Outside this realm our friendship and dedication to each other is very strong.
We rejoice when someone achieves and care when someone is in need.

We also grieve together when the unthinkable happens, and it does happen.
Two years ago we lost our wonderful friend Ozog Giantfart. We still miss him today.
Yet Pitmuck lives on strongly without him. Why? 
Because Ozog inspired people to be silly, have fun, relax, and care for each other.
The Pitmuck Effect touches us all. We thank Ozog for helping create the Pitmuck Effect.
To Ozog!!

Also close to home, we recently had another event ... one much more joyous.
We rejoice that NANOC and Phoenix were legally married outside the Realm 
by His Majesty Lord British himself at the UO 20th Anniversary event.
Many of us witnessed that historic day and ceremony realizing that we are not just friends...
We are all family.
This perhaps is the PaxLair Effect that all of us enjoy and feel,
that we support, share, and encourage each other every day without question.
To NANOC, Phoenix, and our enduring family!

Our lives here continue on past this 20 year mark with strength and spirit.

As we continue our towns, guilds, and alliance, we make new history and enjoy more of life.
As we find more people returning to this Realm, we embrace them and show them opportunities.
As we explore more avenues to adventure, we stay connected to this Realm and all people here.
As our PaxLair grows in many ways, we remember our early days and why we endure year after year.

My friends, my companions, my family...
I am so grateful to be with you all these years and look forward to many more.

May the Fish be with Us, and Dragonspeed to Us All!
*bows*

SeanSotaSig.png

PaxLair 20th Anniversary – Jan. 21

paxlair-shroud-outdoor-625x206.jpg

From Sean Silverfoot: “The 20th Anniversary is almost upon us! This is two decades – quite a run. Soon enough we’ll be able to express it in generation. This Anniversary will run from Jan 15th thru Jan 19th (actual anniversary date) and on Jan 20th in SOTA.

10 AM CT/NBT at the PaxLair Tavern: Informal dance party ~ Words from some folks ~ Music by Avatars Radio’s @Amber Raine ~ Streaming by @LazarusLong ~ Church Service to follow. Connect to zoom.us/j/3995307038 – this is NBNN’s ZOOM service – you can test anytime, even screen sharing.”

Portalarium's Weekly Update Post.

SeanSotaSig.png